Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday's pondering

So,its howling outside,wind is apparently 60mph and its pissing down. So I decided to stay in bed and watch a film guilt free. Now, when I say guilt free I mean I know i'm not doing wrong but I suffer from social obligation. I have a stinking cold and haven't slept properly in days. However due to this 'social obligation' I often feel as though I am in the wrong for not visiting everyone I know and have ever met on my day's off. I have been told that this is stupid,however O.C.D rears it's ugly head and then the guilt kicks in. Anyway, back to the film, I decided to watch a film that I have been told is well worth a viewing called 'In to the wild',a film about a young graduate who decides that due to his hatred of his parents lies and awareness of social standing,he posts his collage fund off to charity and becomes a traveler. He travels all around america and makes friends along the way ( including a special friendship with kristen stewart in her underwear) . Now eventually he ends up Alaska where he lives off the land and takes up residence in a converted school bus that is equipped with a wood fire and mattress and to be fair looks like quite a nice little place to 'put his hat' so to speak.
This film has breathtaking scenery and an amazing storyline,and the fact its a true story just made the film even more thought provoking. Now,I wont tell you the ending as if you haven't seen it then It's a definite must see,but their was one thought that was going through my mind the whole way through the film. All the enlightened literary quotes,the amazing adventures, the spectacular views and closeness he developed with nature and all I could think about was how the heck did that bus end up in the middle of nowhere?!!! Seriously! I mean there must have been a road nearby?!! If you see the film then you will see what I mean. And thanks to the ending I'm still thinking about it! And it's still raining,so I guess i'l just stay in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment